Thailand News: 08.22.08
Here are some Thailand items in the news lately:
- The Royal Orchid lounge in the Bangkok Airport has been listed among the most impressive airport lounges on this list.
- This article mentions the Banyan Tree resort in Phuket as one of the top 7 luxury spa resorts in the world.
- Thai and Cambodian troops have agreed to pull back from the temple in the disputed border area.
- A teacher from Canada who was charged in Thailand with molesting a 13-year-old boy has been sentenced to more than 3 years in prison.
- A Thai cargo ship was hijacked by pirates off the coast of Somalia last week.
- The Thai government will offer tax breaks to manufacturers of more fuel efficient & environmentall friendly cars.
- An Australian man has been sentenced to more than two years in jail for the murder of an American tourist in Chiang Mai, Thailand.
- A train track in southern Thailand was bombed this week, injuring one railway inspector.
- Here’s a great anecdotal story of how an unexpected “group” massage in Chiang Mai goes from being awkward to memorable (in a good way).
- Thousands of people marched to the British embassy in Bangkok to try to make sure the UK didn’t give asylum to the former Thai Premier.
- A man in California was arrested for posting an ad on Craigslist for a travel guide in Thailand who would specifically help him find children to have sex with.